If you're interested in applying for assistance from SPORTASSIST, please review the folllowing information before using our Application Form:
Guidelines, Terms and Conditions
- Funding is only available for children aged 5-18.
- Funding is paid directly to the sport organization applicable and will not be reimbursed to a parent/guardian.
- Funding may be applied for participation/registration fees or sports camps.
- Funding may be used for Westshore Residents only for recreation in Langford.
- Applications will be reviewed monthly on the last day of each month and successful applicants will receive funding within 30 days of this meeting.
- There is no limit on the number of applications which can be submitted for a youth in a given calendar year however preference will be given to children who have not already received funding.
- As soon as a decision is made, a letter of notification will be sent to the parent/guardian and a copy will also be sent to the sports program/organization if they are approved.
- The grant must be used for the athlete and the activity for which it was approved.
- It is possible for an athlete to receive SPORTASSIST funding for the sport activity even if the athlete has already received funding from another source. This happens in the cases where the athlete is not able to obtain full funding for the sport activity from one source only.
- If funding becomes available from another source parents must notify SPORTASSIST immediately.
- The parent or guardian must notify SPORTASSIST if the child withdraws from the sport.
- No application is guaranteed as funds are issued based on availability and the social and financial need of the child.
- Assistance will not be considered for activities which have already taken place.
- Any other financial assistance due to the nominee from any other source must be declared on application.
- Child's parent or guardian and reference must sign the application.
- The reference must be a third party who is familiar with the child's family and is in a professional position to assess the social and economic barriers of the family and must be available to be contacted if further information is needed.
- A reference may be a professional in social work or family services (ex. Nurse, social worker, licensed child care worker), a school principal or guidance counsellor, a senior recreation administrator, a member of the clergy, physician, law enforcement officer, lawyer, accountant, or employer of the parent or guardian. Other references may also be accepted if accompanied by a letter outlining the circumstances of the family; however family members, coaches, registrars or directors of sports clubs are not accepted as references.
Information provided in this application is being collected solely for the purpose of administering The Langford SPORTASSIST Program. The Langford SPORTASSIST Program respects your privacy ad would never release your information to any other organization. We disclose your information only to our own employees and agents. If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted by the Program, please contact us and we will remove your contact information from our lists.